Friday, January 29, 2021

Handmade Christmas: Moda Love Quilt

 

A couple of years ago when the Moda Love Quilt was super-popular on Instagram, I decided that I needed a quick quilt to play with.  It was during the school year, which always means I don't want to start a new, complicated project, but I needed some quilting therapy.  I grabbed this Bonnie and Camille layer cake that was sitting on the shelf (I don't remember which collection) and dug in.

Then sometime this past summer my son and his wife mentioned that they didn't have a quilt or bedspread for their guest bedroom in their new home.  Naturally, my first thought was, "I can fix this."  I had two large quilt tops already made, and let them choose.  They chose the B&C top.  I added some borders to make it 100" x 100" and sent it off to Sterling Quilt Co. to get it quilted.  I do most of my own quilting, but I was not about to attempt a king size quilt on my domestic machine.  That way lies madness!

Photo credit:  Sterling Quilt Co.

 Sterling got it back to me a couple of weeks before Christmas, and it is perfect.  I love the design we chose.  Every month, she does a penny design, and I really loved how this one almost echoed the design of the quilt.  I've had other quilts long-armed before, but none were as well done as this one.  The others had puckers at the edges and threads hanging.  Sterling buried all the threads and even trimmed the edges before she sent it back.  I was impressed.

Best of all, my son and his wife seemed to like their gift, even though it wasn't a great surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!