Wednesday, September 24, 2014

And the Parents went to Europe...

One of the funnest things I have done in a long time was spend the summer with the grands.  Abby and Britton are so hilarious.  This is Britton trying to get both of his "suckies" in his mouth at the same time.  I think Mommy and Daddy have since taken his little helpers away from him, but that is so not Grandma's job.  This little guy has a wonderful sense of humor and shares it often.  Sometimes, he just cracks me up!

Abby is growing up big and strong, and here she is showing off her big muscles.  She was a great little helper with her brother and with Mommy and Daddy's shop.  She moved bolts of fabric, sorted fabrics by color, and

made a quilt, with a little help from Grandma!

We went to the 4th of July parade with Uncle Sean and girlfriend, Jessica, and it was **HOT**.  I think it was 104*F that day.  Whew!

Britton gave up on our walk back to the car, sat down in the middle of the street (which was conveniently blocked of traffic because of the parade, thank goodness) and decided he was just - done. 

We rode on the carousel...

And drank milkshakes...

And played in the park...

and "rode" bikes...

and fed the ducks...

and taught each other dancing...

and read lots and lots of books and colored lots of pretty pictures...

and best of all, Grandma got lots of cuddles (while someone was taking selfies)!

All in all, it was an amazing summer!















3 comments:

  1. I only have three grandchildren and they turned 3 (triplets) this past July - went back and spend a great two weeks to help them celebrate. I am leaving on Saturday for another two weeks - a week w/o mom and dad who will be house hunting for their big move. Don't ya just love grands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely summer! I can't wait to be a grandma (well I CAN, you know what I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so much fun (and so tiring) to have them all alone. I love those snuggles.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!