Monday, July 19, 2021

Sewing for American Girl

About the time I figured out Barbie clothes, my other granddaughter received an American Girl doll for her birthday. Her name is Mary Ellen. Once she saw the wardrobe I made for Barbie, she asked me to make some clothes for her AG doll. I had some patterns I bought for my own daughter's AG doll (and never made,) so I agreed.
I started with a dress from the commercial pattern. It was very big on the AG doll. I have since found some patterns online that fit AG dolls much better. Unfortunately, I didn't remember to take pictures of many of the doll clothes I made. Here's the first dress, altered to fit Mary Ellen.
As you can see, we now have an assortment of dolls, so this spring I made an assortment of fleece hoodies from the scraps from the mermaid tails I made for the grands for Christmas. (I also used the fleece scraps for the dolly sleeping bags I made for the dollies for Christmas.)
I each of the grands a nightgown or pajamas and a matching nightgown or pjs for their doll this spring as well.
And in the spirit of 1970s chic, I made some polyester double knit dresses for the dolls from some fabric a friend gave me. And most recently, I made all the dollies a swimsuit for their (pretend) days at the beach or pool, although I forgot to take pictures. Well dressed dolls are important.

2 comments:

  1. All are very cute, but the one pic with the matching nightgowns says it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was very excited about her matching nightgowns. She has decided that I am her personal dolly seamstress. The other day she told me she had 7 Barbies and they had nothing to wear. LOL

      Delete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!