Monday, September 24, 2012

M is for MollyJolly

Some weekends are just so frustrating...  I have such big plans and don't manage to get nearly as much accomplished as I would like.  This weekend was especially so because I just felt so exhausted, it was hard to focus.

The good news is that I did manage to finish one project that I have been obsessing about for weeks.  I'm playing along in the Mini QT swap, and this time it was to create a mini quilt using words that start with your partner's first initial.  I've made lists of M words, drawn scads of pictures, and generally been haunted by this since the partner assignments came out in August.  Then, I had difficulty paring down the M words so that my little quilt would make sense.  Then I had to pare them down again so that this little quilt would be manageable - maximum size is 8 x 10 or something like that.  I think this one is actually 9 x 11, but oh well.

Of course, I can't show you the whole thing yet, since you know who you are partners with in this swap, and she might see this, but I did manage to include 15 M words.  The little mini includes embroidery, buttons, and applique.  And quilting, of course.

And if you haven't guessed it, the first word is Moon.


2 comments:

  1. You have caught my imagination on this one. Can't wait to see the rest of the little quilt. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little moon is very cute! I am wishing you were here so we could sew together (Well, honestly, so you can play grandma and I can sew ;) )Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!