Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Leftovers

Tonight, Wonderful Husband and I were talking and he commented that there isn't much on TV on Wednesday nights.  My response was, "Only leftovers."  He said, "You mean re-runs?"  And I said, "I prefer to call them leftovers.  They're not as tasty as the first time, but they can be OK."

Rather than watch TV though, I thought I would play with my fabric.  Which brings me to my topic.  On Sunday, I blogged about empty nesting and Arielle's new quilt.  She gained some new skills, I think, and I will admit that she challenged mine.  The quilt used just about every scrap of fabric we had bought for the project - or so I thought.  But as I was rummaging around in the sewing room on Monday, I came across 40 leftover blocks from the tree quilt.  Forty!  Not enough for a whole quilt, but that's just too many to waste.  So earlier this week I headed over to the drug store - uh, I mean fabric store - and bought 3 6-inch width-of-fabric strips and enough yardage to do a border from the Michael Miller Lantern Blooms and Poppy Collections.  I now have 81 squares, arranged in groups of 9.  I'm thinking about a Disappearing 9-patch.  I've never done one before.  Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that quilt! I hadn't seen that fabri before, but it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!