Sunday, August 15, 2010

Miracle of Miracles!

I cleaned the sewing room yesterday.  This may not seem like a major accomplishment, but it is sad to say I was ashamed that it had gotten so messy.  And messy is not a good thing in such a small space. 

My room is always a challenge.  It is 8 ft. by 8 ft.  It has 4 doorways.  Wonderful Husband put in cupboards for me several years ago, but they are full of fabrics (imagine that!), patterns, other craft supplies, and books.  My stash was encroaching on what little floor space there is as well as the top of my only real work surface.  It was simply intolerable.  I didn't take a before picture.  Too embarrassing!

And, we were having company for dinner.  Always a great motivator for me.

Anyway, the fabric is all neatly stashed (laundry baskets are SO useful), the thread is all on its little thread keeper posts, and the notions are tucked neatly in their drawers. And it still looks messy.  Don't try to imagine what it looked like before.  Sadly, it doesn't get any better than this.



I think that's a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. I think all of us are closet messy sewers. It is so hard to stop working in order to clean and put away when you are just going to get it out again the next day! ; )

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!