here and here), and barely finished it in time (so what else is new?) But I never really finished the quilting. I wanted to quilt little Christmas-ish motifs in all of the white blocks. That didn't happen - yet. And since we were away for Christmas, the quilt hasn't been used yet. There's always time, right?
2012 Finished Quilts and Projects page which had been sorely neglected - it hadn't been updated since May. And then, on Sunday night, just when I had it almost done, Firefox crashed, and wouldn't you know, I hadn't saved the file in awhile, and I lost about 4 months worth and had to start over.
lots of pillows...
and mini quilts...
and mug rugs...
And even a few bona-fide gifts.
I've participated in too many bees and swaps to count.
And I made virtually no progress on The List which was posted on August 1st.
So this year, while I love swaps, and plan to do a few of them, I'm resolved not to go overboard. Pinky promise! I really have to make some room.
Here's The List, revisited:
EDIT: March, 2013 goal
EDIT: Finished March 9, 2013
EDIT: Also my February Goal
EDIT: Finished - February 21, 2013. Donated to Project Linus.
EDIT: This one is going to be my May goal.
EDIT: This one actually made TWO quilts. FINISHED June 8, 201. Both donated to Project Linus.
EDIT: I requested more blocks in the 3x6 Bee 2Q2013 and also from the Bees Helping Bees forum on Flickr. I have enough blocks now to make this quilt - maybe even two.
EDIT: Finished August, 2013! - I ended up with 48 citrus blocks and made 3 finished quilts. I have requested more blocks from the 4th quarter 3x6 bee, which will give me 18 to finish these. The last quilt will be a 2014 goal.
EDIT: April 2013 goal
EDIT: Finished April 23, 2013!
6. String Blocks Quilt - I have 40 string blocks, so that should be plenty, so make the top, then SQB
7. Bow Tie Quilt - I have 80 bow ties, again, plenty, so make the top, then SQB
8. Bento Block Quilt - I have 40 bento quarters, again plenty, so make the top and SQB
9. Breath of Avignon Quilt - I'll have to see where I am with this one, but I think I can get it done as well. (Nope - I can't find a photo of this one...)
And since I wrote that...
EDIT: Finished April, 2013
11. I have all the blocks I need for my GMFG quilt now, so it's time to start putting it together.
12. I have enough leftover HSTs from the Swoon quilt for a
EDIT: I have made 2 Weekender Bags from the leftover HSTs from the Swoon quilt, so I will need to see whether I can really make a quilt from the Bonus HSTs. However, I do have the Craftsy BOM quilt from 2012 started in Lark, so maybe I will combine them and finish this after all.
EDIT: I'm going to count this one as Finished, July, 2013.
13. I have the basket blocks for my basket quilt now since the ladies in the Bee Awesome Bee helped.
And I know there are more blocks and projects in there, but this will do for now. And it totally escaped me the first time but I'm looking for 13 finishes in 2013! How's that for poetic? And I'm linking up with Shanna and Melissa for
So Welcome 2013! I hope you are a productive year, and that in December I find that the WIP pile is significantly less overwhelming.
Meanwhile, to those of you who may read this, I wish you a happy and creative year. May the Lord bless you with all of the His richest blessings in the coming year.