Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Selvage Zipper Pouch

In addition to hexies, I've been on a bit of a selvage kick lately.  I cleaned the sewing room recently and put all the selvages I've saved in one place (now there's a tricky bit of organization!) and discovered that when they are all together, there is a HUGE BAG full of them.  So I got them out for a special project the other day that I can't show anyone yet...  But the idea of them just sitting there was bugging me, so I decided I would use them in this little pouch. 


Selvages on the front...  Selvages on the back...  I was very free with them, you see!

It's slightly oversized - it measures 8" x 8", so someone should be able to fit some serious stuff in there.  And I used my spoonflower print for the lining with a little scrappy split pocket inside.  And I put the zipper in so that it would open all the way.

So, all in all, a quick and easy little project.  I'm pretty happy with the results.

3 comments:

  1. what a cute idea! Love your pouch. I have a huge bag of selvages crying out to me too... hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just darling!

    my mother saves her selvedges for me, I've used some for the bookshelf mini quilts I've made, but I still have so many! this would be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!