Monday, July 13, 2020

Stamping with the Grands

Usually, when the grands come to visit, their mom schedules them for lots of activities (besides beach-going) so that they won't get bored.  This year, due to Covid-19, that really wasn't an option.  My daughter said she was going to go buy them some craft supplies, and I almost choked!  No one in this house should really ever need to buy craft supplies again.

Once upon a time I was a Stampin' Up demonstrator, and to say I have stamping supplies is putting it mildly.  I have an entire closet filled with stamps and scrapbooking supplies.  [Sadly, many of my stamp pads haven't been used in so long they have dried up and SU has changed the colors in the meantime, so I had to cull through the stamp pads and throw out the ones I didn't have re-inkers for.] Anyway, one rainy morning, I dug out the basics and we headed to the kitchen table.  Unfortunately, we were so busy I didn't think to get pictures, but they really had a lot of fun.

Before we started, we had a little lesson on cleaning the stamps after every use so they didn't mix ink colors and ruin the pads I had left, and I turned them loose.  Instead of creating a card design, like I would have done with adults, I let them just stamp to their heart's content. They were delighted.  And they were very good about cleaning stamps after they used them, which made me very happy.


They had a great time creating cards to mail to their friends.  In fact, they had so much fun the first time, they requested a second session to create cards for their dad, who had had to return home by this time.  I think this may be an activity they will request year after year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!