Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Family History Challenge - Day 2

 

 As a young mom, this woman was my inspiration! On those difficult days with my 3 kids, her story inspired me. My grandmother told me her story when I was newly married and it became ever more important as I had children of my own. 

 This lady is my great-great grandmother. The photo is her wedding picture. She was 32 years old with 5 living children (2 died before they were a year old - life was hard back then) when her husband died. A few months later, her neighbor, a widower with 9 children approached her about combining their households. They married and together had 7 more children. According to my grandmother, she raised three more children, although she didn’t say what their circumstances were or how they came into the household. I always figured, if this woman could raise 23 children, I could probably hang in there to raise my 3 kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!