Monday, August 31, 2020

Family History Challenge - Day 7

 

 

 

 

So a couple of days ago I told you about my grandmother who moved west on the train in 1900 and eloped with her friend's brother. Yesterday I told you about Howard Shonkwiler, who dropped dead in front of the Post Office. This is his family (parents and siblings) in 1893. I had seen the photo in my grandmother's collection but I don't have a copy. But thanks to ancestry dot com, now I do. Ancestry has made the search for my ancestors so much easier.
 
And just BTW - I love these old timey photographs. I love how they brought all the dining room chairs into the front yard for the photo... And how someone decided that sitting on his horse was the appropriate pose (or did he just happen to be riding by?) A mystery for certain. And then there's how everyone in the photo is looking a different direction, like they weren't ready or didn't know where the photographer was. Odd, isn't it?

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!