Sunday, August 23, 2020

Harry Potter Quilt - The Last Blocks and Finishing Touches

 Today I thought I'd share the last few blocks of my Harry Potter Quilt.  The kids come back to school tomorrow and who knows when I'll get another chance.

First up is Sirius.  I saw someone else clothe this dapper dude in plaid, so I thought I would follow suit.  I'm wondering if his plaid vest matches maybe a bit too well?  And once he was complete, I saw that his moustache needed a bit of trimming.  Why do I never see these things in the photo, but not IRL?

 

Next was He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.  I have to admit that I put him off because I wasn't excited AT ALL about making him, but honestly, once I got started, it was fun.  I really enjoyed putting Nagini together.  I loved that I found the perfect snake fabric in my stash.  He's a pretty big block at 14x14.


Luna was an absolute blast to put together.  Almost everything she is wearing came from my scrap basket.  It was fun finding pieces that clashed so well together.

And then there's Dolores Jane.  Again, I was lucky enough to find the purr-fect fabric in my stash.  

 

Bellatrix was kind of a nightmare with her pointy hair, but I thought she turned out OK.


More points.  The dementor is a very large block at 16x16.  I'm pretty good at points now.

The castle is actually two blocks.  This is the right side.  I'm glad I did it first, because it was a booger.  It's pretty big too at 12 x17 or something like that.


The left side of the castle was much easier.  Once the windows were done, it was a piece of cake.  

That was the last of the blocks, but there were some details to take care of.

I had somehow missed a point on the merperson's tail.


And Sirius needed a quick visit to the barber for a trim.


Ron went to the chiropractor, so now he has his head on straight.

 

And then there were some details to take care of...


Harry needed glasses, of course....


And Mad-Eye had to have an eye...


And of course, Luna needed her spectraspecs.  Speaking of Luna, I read a sweet article about her the other day.  You can read it here.  I don't know if you'll need to create an account or log in, but it points out that there's a reason she's one of our favorite characters.

So that's all the blocks.  The next trick was to put it together.  I'll save that for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!