Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Happy Harvest Y'all
The other night, I blogged about taking my ugly prototype runner apart. It just wasn't working. It looked like this:
This runner was my prototype, and I intended to give it away. The Pensacola Quilter's Guild has a booth at the Arts Festival every year and they sell hand made items to raise money for some of their other charities, I think. So anyway, it just wasn't up to par.
Tonight, I sat down to put the new center in. I got the pattern from Kimara and Michelle at Wee Folk Art. You can find it here. I enlarged it a bit, and then appliqued it on the machine. I have to admit that it was something of a challenge to replace the center when the rest was already quilted. Here is the finished product (the center detail is at the top).
On a side note, I think I have figured out the camera a bit. It still doesn't have the flexibility of an SLR, but I'm finally beginning to get some detail in the shots. Check out the tone-on-tone detail in the fabric in the photo at thte top of this post. And, they are (mostly) in focus. Again, much improved.