Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Smocking We Will Go


Tonight I finished the second ornament for the Handmade Ornament swap.  I got the pattern online from maggiebsmocks.  Her instructions were great and very easy to follow.  She had great pictures.  Unlike maggieb's photos, the photo above was taken with my phone and therefore is not very crisp.  I think I need to work a little more on the "poles".  They just will not lay flat.  Must be a learning curve there I haven't grasped.  But, in general, I like it.  Another thing the photos don't show very well is the colors, which are aqua and red.  The beads are random colors, just to give the impression of ornaments.  I was toying with the idea of a jingle bell, but haven't decided yet whether I like the idea or not.

Meanwhile, I need to get the photos off the camera (which is not cooperating) so I can finish my tutorial.  I have tried everything I can think of to retrieve the pictures, so tomorrow I will take it to work and see if our computer guru can get them for me.  If not, I guess I'll try the camera store.  Barring that, the only other thing I can think of to do is to re-create the item so I have the pics I need.  Very frustrating.  For the most part, they weren't bad pictures.  I bought a new memory card, which I hope will solve the problem.  I'd hate to think it was the camera itself.  That would make me cry.


1 comment:

  1. I like this....I should comment more. Typing is a lot harder when there is a little person trying VERY hard to help!

    Keep up the awesome crafts!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please - make my day!