Monday, October 29, 2012

Whooooo's Got Something New for Her Kitchen?

I nearly passed up the opportunity to play along in Potholder Pass 12.  After six rounds of potholder swapping, I have replaced all the old, nasty pot holders with lovely new ones.  I thought about taking photos of the old ones, but decided it was too humiliating.  Most of them were at least 20 years old and scarred, scorched, worn and torn.  But then I thought about BD#2 who is only just starting out.  She doesn't have a ton of cute kitchen things yet, so perhaps she would enjoy a set of lovely pot holders.


So, not being one to be able to resist a good swap, I signed up, but said I was swapping for pot holders for my daughter.  These are the ones I sent...

And I received the cutest set of pot holders from Sarah (coincidentallyquilting).  Isn't the little owl adorable.  I really love his feet!  And the way she mixed the fabrics in his body to give him dimension.  I have to say that it was an inner struggle to make myself put these back in the mail and send them to BD#2.  After all, she didn't know that I did this swap for her, did she?

But then I opened the drawer the pot holders were in and knew I had to pass these along.

The other one is just as cute.  Such fun fabrics here.

Speaking of fabrics, Sarah included her scraps.  Possibly I will make something for BD#2's kitchen that coordinates with these fun pot holders (or possibly I will make something for myself!)

 Sarah also made her a cute table cover.  I love the scrappy binding.

Thanks, Sarah, for such a fun swap!  In this one, you made two women happy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!