Saturday, June 6, 2015

Creative Dilemma



Before the hubs and I went on our great adventure of cruising and grandchild watching, and before I took a job teaching English in a public high school, I had a serious plan for quilting my way through life.    Before all that, I had a goal to finish 14 quilts in 2014.  These are the 8 I actually finished, backing, batting, binding and all.


The other 6?...  well, sadly they were left in the dust. And I think I have 4 or 5 other finished quilt tops that are ready to be quilted.  And I have tons of fabrics which have {mysteriously} found their way into the sewing room along with patterns and books in case I want to begin something new.

But what I'm finding, after almost 11 months of being away from my sewing room is that I don't know where to start.  My fingers are "itchin' to be stitchin'" but I just can't settle on a project.  It's crazy. 

I find myself reading books rather than sewing.  Maybe it's easier to decide what to read than what to create?  Even this blog post took 3 days to write.

I expected to have a new quilt top done by now and ...  nothing.  What is wrong with me?  Where is my creative mojo?  Oh dear!


2 comments:

  1. welcome back to the sewing room! It will come. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get "stuck" sometimes as well. My solution is this -- Just. Make. Something. A pot holder. A zip pouch. A block with no specific plan to use it. A small amount of fabric, a small amount of time. Usually it will be enough to get me back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!