Sunday, May 24, 2020

Out of the PPE Business




I thought I was finished with gowns and surgical caps after my last post, but when I opened FB on Thursday morning, I saw a note that some agency in town had requested 25 surgical caps and I only had 16 finished.  I still had the scraps from these gowns...

so I started cutting.  The caps take quite a bit of fabric for the ties, and I didn't have enough of the purple, so I started digging and found 2 pieces that coordinated well.


In 2 or 3 hours, I had another dozen surgical caps.

I gathered up the last 3 gowns, all the extra scraps and supplies, and the caps, and delivered them to the mask makers group.  I will sew more if I can, of course, but with my daughter and her family coming for a month, there may be a few other things to occupy my time.  And hopefully, the need for these things will keep winding down.  With any luck, I'm out of the PPE business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!