Friday, May 20, 2011

Eye Candy

BD#1 speaking with Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs

 Today, we're going to have a little fun with three or four of my favorite fabrics and experiences at Quilt Market.

First, is Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs.  Anne was so nice and we had a wonderful time talking to her.  Maybe the best part was that she and her colleague thought I was BD#1's friend instead of her mom "because I didn't look old enough to be her mom."  Sure made my day!

Puttin on the Ritz, in blue

Puttin on the Ritz in pink

Her new line is called Puttin' on the Ritz, and comes in three colorways - pink, blue and gray.  As you may know, I'm not a big fan of gray, but I am learning that it has its place.  This is lovely fabric and great for kids.  



While BD#1 was conducting some business...

I had probably my favorite experience of the whole market - meeting Camille Roskelly and Bonnie Olavesen of Bonnie and Camille fame.  I loved Bliss when it came out, and their new line doesn't disappoint.  


It is so bright and cheerful - I love it.  It's called Ruby, and BD#1 must love me, because she brought home a Fat Eighth bundle of Ruby for me from Sample Spree.  Am I the luckiest mom ever, or what?



Isn't it just yummy?  And I had such a good time talking with Bonnie and Camille. They were so kind.  Check out their own blogs for their own stories.  Suffice it to say I'm in love with both the fabric and the patterns.  Can't wait til Ruby hits the stores.



One of the things that really impressed me about this line is that they are producing coordinating flannels in some of the prints.  The flannels are maybe the softest I have ever felt.  Too yummy!  Bonnie gave me a free receiving blanket pattern I'm dying to try - maybe in Ruby flannels if I can find some.


And we met Sandy Klop of American Jane.  Her booth was so fun - and I didn't get a single picture.  Too busy talking, I guess!


And I loved this quilt by Oliver + S.  Wouldn't this be sweet in a nursery?

This is Dazzle, by Melissa Averinos.


And this is 1001 Peeps, by Lizzie House.  Here's a close-up.  Fun, huh?


Well, I've got to save something for tomorrow, so I'll wish you sweet dreams of yummy fabrics and fun quilt designs.

1 comment:

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!