Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mug Rug Swap Adventure 3 - Finished

I am glad to say that I am slowly - ever so slowly - getting caught up on neglected projects, and pretty much on time too!  The theme for this round of the Mug Rug Swap Adventure swap is holidays and everyone could pick their favorite.  My partner wanted something non-traditional in both color and design.  When I was perusing fabric.com last week, I saw this fabric and thought it might work well for what I had in mind.  The fabric is a border print called "Love" (imagine that!) and is by Clothworks.  On the front, I pieced the border on one side and used the medallion motif on the other.

On the back, I fussy cut the lovebirds from the companion fabric, pieced in the unused borders  from the border print, and bound them in a scrap of green from the pinwheel quilt I made last year from "Moda's "Summer Basket of Flowers".

I wanted to FMQ it with hearts, a subtle reminder of the holiday in question, but after I took out the quilting for the fourth time, I gave up and just did a stipple or meandering FMQ pattern.  My FMQ obviously needs more practice.  

As Valentine themes go, I think this one qualifies as non-traditional.  I hope Ms. Partner likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!