Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Super Saturday or How I Played with Cricut

Our Stake Relief Society had a fun craft day on Saturday.  Several of the sisters presented various classes, and I was asked to do a class.  I needed something fun and easy, and DD#1 suggested that I do this plaque.  She has one made by her DMIL and I admit that I had been coveting it.

The plywood boards are available at Michael's and JoAnn's and I bought every one in town for this project.  They were painted with acrylic paint, and then covered with Mod  Podge after the letters were applied.  My friend BB has a Cricut (can you believe there is a crafting tool I don't have???) which I borrowed to make the letters.  It was a little tedious to get the backing off the vinyl, and the placement was a little tricky, but I think the sisters who made them enjoyed it.  And I just may have to put a Cricut on my Christmas list!

The only downside was that I didn't get to do any of the other projects at Super Saturday, although I did bring one home to do, when I get around to it.  I guess that will be the subject of another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!