Saturday, December 31, 2011

Starting Fresh

Happy New Year.  Or perhaps I should really say "Good-bye 2011."  Either way, the end of the year is upon us and it is time for a fresh start.  I am thoroughly tired of this year and ready for something new.  Looking ahead on this New Year's Eve, I'm envisioning the coming days as though it was a bolt of fresh, new fabric, just waiting to be cut and sewn into something beautiful.  Will you join me?

So, here is some of what I accomplished in 2011:

 
And here is what I hope to accomplish today, the last day of 2011:

  •  Finish my 2011 Finished Quilts and Projects Page - I have really enjoyed this page as a record of what I have accomplished in the quilt and craft department this year.  It is fun to go back and look at the various projects.  Ah, the memories.
  • Plan what I hope to accomplish in 2012.  We have a new baby coming in our family, so I know there will need to be baby stuff in the mix.  I have a couple of quilt tops just waiting for backing, sandwiching, and binding, plus lots more on the "drawing board" - uh, make that "fabric stash".  Plus, I have blocks from SEVERAL swaps that need to be put together.  I have citrus swap blocks, charm squares and my Christmas quilt blocks to put together, just for starters.  And I have this CrAzY idea that I'd like to do every quilt in Camille Roskelly's Simplify book - except maybe Sugar Rush - I've already made 3 of those...  And I really, REALLY, need to get my Single Girl quilt under way...
  • Bee Blocks - I'm participating in 3 fun bees so far.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  I had so much fun this year with the First Time Bee.  Everyone's blocks were so different, and I felt like they really challenged me.
  • Maybe a swap or two (but I am determined NOT to do 4 or 5 at once, like I did in 2011)...  I have really enjoyed the swaps I've done this year, and I'm really looking forward to doing some more in 2012.
  • I'd really like to do - and keep up with - a quilt along this year.
  • And I may even have a surprise or two in store - very soon actually.    {HINT #1:  this is my 198th post...} {HINT #2 involves my 1-hour FQ Tote}

So, there's a lot to do in this exciting new year, and I'd love to share with you if you've a mind to drop by from time to time. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New year and best wishes to you and all your family - see you in 2012 in blog land

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your new baby sewing this year! You're invited to join our year-end link party at http://www.craftbuds.com/craft-buds-2011-year-in-review-link-party. Please join us if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!