Sunday, May 4, 2014

About April - a 14 in 2014 Update



If you've been following my blog for awhile, you know that my goal for 2014 was to finish 14 quilts from the WIP basket.  A couple of weeks ago, I noted that i had finished quilting my Modern Maples quilt (which has been sitting around since last summer sometime) and

my Faux String quilt, making a total of six quilts so far in 2014, so I'm doing pretty well.

I also made a couple of baby quilts.  It seems there is something of a baby boom around these parts lately.  This one was for Kai.

And I can't show all of this one because the pattern hasn't been released yet, but it is for a little girl that was born in the middle of the torrential rains we had this week. 


I had hoped I would get a lot done at StashBash (which will be the subject of a future post) and I did, but I didn't actually finish anything there due to one circumstance or another.  I was missing about an inch of sashing to finish one project, didn't take paper to trace the pattern onto for another...  Oops. 

And when I got home from StashBash, my sweet daughter and her husband were already here, just waiting for me to play with them.  We had such a fun time, despite the massive amounts of rain.  But finishing quilts just wasn't on the program for last week.

So, I'll push them all forward another month and hope for the best. 

Eight quilts in eight months isn't so much, is it?




2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful finishes! Love the maple leaf quilt. So different from a 4x5 block setting. I have trouble thinking outside the lines. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE your maple quilt - it is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!