Tuesday, November 24, 2020

#givethanks - day 4


Today, I express my gratitude for this beautiful, amazing Earth that our Heavenly Father created for us to enjoy.  I am awed by its beauty, glory, and infinite variety.  I have had the opportunity to travel a bit, and I am always amazed at how every place I have visited has its own unique beauty.

I am blessed to live near one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.  It is temperate here most of the year, although sometimes it is downright hot.  I am not a beachgoer, but you can't look at this scene and not think, "Isn't this glorious?"

And there are so many other lovely places for us to enjoy.  And different seasons to add to the variety.

Last Christmas we made a brief stop for a plane change in Vail, Colorado. 

And in Utah it snowed last Thanksgiving.  It's so beautiful and clean, but so cold.

Our Heavenly Father has created masterpieces, both large...

and small...

And beauty that changes in the course of just a few moments, that will never be exactly the same again.

I remember a hymn from my childhood:

For the beauty of the Earth,

For the beauty of the skies,

For the love, which from our birth,

Over and around us lies.

Lord of all, to thee we raise,

This, our hymn of grateful praise.

And a scripture that reminds us that the Lord created the earth and its beauty to show not only His power and grandeur, but also His love for His children:

The heavens declare the glory of God,

and the firmament sheweth his handiwork.  (Psalms 19:1)

I am so very grateful for this constant reminder of His love for me.  

#givethanks



No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!