|Some fabric I bought today!|
Last weekend, I managed to make a second pillow sham for BD #2
Get two of my three fabric postcards completed:
And make the potholders for PP6
I'd say I was doing pretty well except that last weekend was a holiday weekend and I had an extra day.
One of the swap mamas on one of the swaps suggested we list our likes and dislikes in our Flickr profile. It actually was something that I had been considering posting here. It is a work in progress of course, as I discover new things I like, but here is the basic ME:
1. Favorite color/least favorite: I love bold, bright colors. Not a fan of muted tones (think Kansas Troubles, Martinique or A Morris Tapestry) although some of the individual pieces in these lines are OK. And totally at odds with the trend, I really, really dislike gray.
2. Favorite fabrics/least favorite: Where do I start?? I love the usuals... Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Anna Maria Horner, Sandy Gervais, Erin McMorris, Joel Dewberry. I love almost anything paisley. I like fun, whimsical prints, but not character prints.
3. Things I'd love Handmade? I'd love a sewing machine cover - I have a Pfaff 1475 - (like this www.flickr.com/photos/skubach/5244278638/in/faves-5430644... [love the pocket for the foot feed! - not a fan of felt though] or this www.flickr.com/photos/gusandlulu/4119299576/in/faves-5430..., or this www.flickr.com/photos/marymademe/4305220039/in/faves-5430... or this www.flickr.com/photos/7252488@N07/416012547/in/faves-5430... ) or something to help me stay organized, like a bill organizer ( www.flickr.com/photos/noodleheadsews/4615709944/ )or a scrap basket or bag (like this www.flickr.com/photos/maripen/4953319206/in/faves-5430644... ).
Also, I love embellishments - embroidery, buttons, sequins, beads, etc.
Partner, I'm sure I will love anything you make, so don't stress, just have fun with it.
4. Things that you collect or decorate with, specific items or colors: I am not a great decorator, and I don't collect anything (except fabric, LOL) but my home is mostly blue and yellow and wood tones.
5. Favorite designers, etsy shops etc: I love Hawthorne Threads, Pink Chalk Fabrics, Fabrics N Quilts... Is there such a thing as a bad fabric store?
6. Other: I'm new to this group and fairly new to swapping, but I've been sewing and quilting since I was very young. I only really discovered designer fabrics last year, so I don't have a big stash of designer fabrics yet, although I've been collecting fabric for decades, so I probably have an enviable stash of authentic retro fabrics (ha ha!). I'm a banker by day and a sewist-crafter-quilter the rest of the time. I love sewing, quilting, rubber stamping, scrapbooking, reading, etc. I'm a wife, mom of 3 and grandmother of a beautiful 1-year old girl.
There. That's me in a nutshell.