Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kinda Quiet Lately

I'm actually surprised it has been nearly a week since I posted here, but it's not that I haven't been doing anything...  I am participating in the Trim the Tree Swap, which is actually the first swap I ever attempted.  My one year Flickr anniversary of sorts.  Last year I did two smocked ornaments and an elf shoe.  They were fun.  And stressful.  I still stress over making something my partner will like.  I guess that's normal?  Maybe?

This year, I thought I would try crochet snowflakes and found this pattern here.  I can't seem to execute it perfectly, though, as small as it is.  I have ripped out and re-done more times than I can count. The one above was my first attempt, and will be staying home with me.  I need to stiffen and block it, but it will give you the idea of what I've been working on. 

And last weekend, I was searching for something in the sewing room and ran across 4 quilts that have just been sitting there, waiting to be quilted, and one that BD#1 made the top and was going to give to Goodwill that I salvaged that I plan to give to 100 quilts for kids.  So, I just quilted this weekend.  Very time consuming.  I keep trying that FMQ meandering/stippling thing, and I just am not satisfied, but they are quilted and done and pictures will follow this weekend, probably, when it is light.

I am really hating driving home in the dark.  I really hate the time change, whichever way it goes.  But regardless, tomorrow is Veteran's Day and so a day to remember those who have fought for our freedoms.  I am grateful.  And a day off from work, for which I am also grateful.  I want it to be a very productive sewing weekend.  I have a LONG list of things to accomplish.  Do you realize that Christmas is only 6 weeks away?

Whew! Gotta run!

1 comment:

  1. I love crochet snowflake ornaments so I will be holding out home that you are my partner!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!