Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Countdown to Christmas




Do you realize that it's just 6 weeks until Christmas???  Whew!  I'm certainly not ready.  Not emotionally ready, not to mention actually doing anything about it yet.   But I did manage to make a couple of things that are a little Christmas-y.  This Flurry apron is kind of cute (please don't look at the model).  And easy too.  Only one fat quarter and some yardage for the pocket, waistband and ties.  A half yard of each and about an hour made 2 aprons.  Easy peasy.

And I managed to make another of my 1-hour FQ Totes.  This is the last of the Pink Dazzle I bought at Sewing Summit.  I have one FQ left, so maybe I can find something fun to do with it.  I'm not too sure about the practicality of a basically white tote, but I really like it, especially for winter.

Isn't this fabric fun?

And check out the inside.  I probably wouldn't have used these together if they hadn't been all that was left, but I really like it.  It gives it such a fun feel.

So, two gifts, less than an hour apiece.


Maybe I can get Christmas under control after all.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I really love that tote and need to make time to make one!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!