Monday, June 25, 2012

Another Block Party

This weekend I completed several small projects, a couple of which I can't show yet.  The others are bee blocks, actually finished in the month they were due, which hasn't happened for a couple of months.  I actually think I am caught up now.

This is a Bottled Rainbows block for Amber in the Sew Fun Bee.  She sent the block, already constructed, and a selection of fabrics and asked that we add the coordinating fabrics in ticker tape style.  I have to say, the more I do this ticker tape method, the easier I find it.  I nearly went crazy with the first one I did.  Not so bad now.  I added a couple of fabrics from my stash to give it some "local flavor".  This block is huge - I think it measures 18" x 24", but it gives a nice large palette for the ticker tape fabrics.  I'm fairly pleased with how this turned out.  I really started without a plan at all, and just fit in the fabrics where they seemed to go together.  I started in one corner this time.  If I were to do it again, I might start in the center.

This block is for Henny in the Sew and Bee Happy Bee.  The block is the maybe block from 99 Modern Blocks.  Henny gave us free rein to choose a word and colors.  It was a fun and easy block to create. 



So, if I don't get drenched by TS Debby, I may try to get these to the Post Office today, along with my other weekend finishes. Thankfully, we're not getting the worst of it this time - just occasional heavy showers and gusty winds here.  Pray for those folks in Central Florida who are getting far too much rain from this naughty girl.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the looks of the ticker tape block.

    Stay safe with the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great blocks, the finished quilts will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!