Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hexie Care Package


I have recently made a new online friend.  We are in a couple of bees together, and in one of the intro threads, I mentioned that I am from Seattle.  My new friend mentioned that she was also from the Northwest, and in fact was spending the summer there while her husband is deployed.  Oh boy, did that bring back memories.  I did that at least 2 summers, when my children were small.

In our correspondence, we agreed to meet if I make it to Seattle this summer, which I fully intend to do  (sister is more than ready to get Grandma's treadle machine out of her garage - how I will transport it to Florida, I'm not exactly sure, although my new friend offered to drive it part of the way - is that cool, or what?)



Sadly, my friend's sewing machine has been in the shop almost the whole time she has been there, and she is suffering a bit from its predicament.  I suggested hexies, and said I would make her a Hexie Care Package.  I used the leftovers of my Little Apples quilt.  I used Kelly's tutorial to make the little pouch.  Easy peasy.  LOVE how neat and tidy the zipper looks using Kelly's method.


 


And inside is everything you might need to make hexies and keep your hands busy, including a  Little Apples hexie needlebook.


Pins and needles and scissors, oh my!  (I watched a PBS special on Judy Garland  last night, so that was just bursting to come out!)

 Sure hope she likes it.

 

5 comments:

  1. what a sweet gift! I know she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift. I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a realy pretty fabric and love how you have cut the hexies just so. such a nice gift to receive too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SURE she will like it. That is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!