Saturday, March 3, 2012

Val's Heroes Quilt

Yesterday evening, I was surfing blogland for the first time in weeks.  It was fun to see what everyone was doing.  There's a lot of great stuff going on.  Everyone is making such wonderful things.  One of the things that really touched me was the Heroes quilt made by Val of Pink Please.  If you don't know the story of this quilt, you can read all about it here


 There's also a pic on Flickr.  Can you find these two blocks?

 Val asked for quilters to help her create a quilt to raise money for cancer research.  It was a timely request in my life.  I have a couple of friends currently fighting cancer, and one who just lost his battle, at the age of 44.  I'm proud to say that I had the honor of making two blocks for Val's quilt. 

Cancer is an ugly disease.



My mom and my dad both died of cancer.  (This is their wedding picture. They were married in 1944, during WWII.  Cute couple, don't you think?)

The quilt raised $1000 for cancer research.

I hope someday, we find a cure.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how wonderful!!!! A thousand dollars! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!