Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Talking About Pillows

For the last 6 weeks, I have been agonizing over what I am going to make my partner in the Pillow Talk Swap.  This is one of my favorite swaps.  Just looking at the photos of everyone's creations is so cool.  There is so much eye candy in this swap it makes your head swim.  It's hard to choose what to do because everyone else's creations are so fantastic, I feel like I don't have an idea in my head.  And then this time, I did have an idea, and someone else created it, but probably better than I would have.  Literally.  They say great minds think alike...

And then I started something and hated it.  It's a nice block, but it didn't turn out right for a pillow top.  I think it will probably end up in my 3x6 quilt because the colors are perfect.

And the deadline is looming...

Luckily,  BD#1 is a participating in PTS7 too, and she is a great resource for all the great things going on out in blogland.  She has her pillows (yes, that's 2 pillows) finished.  -Show off!

Here's her blog post:

http://www.acraftyfox.net/finished-projects/more-pillow-talk/
 

So, when I was whining to her the other day about how my first idea was already done and my second idea was a bust, she listened patiently and then said she had some ideas and would send me a link or two.

Here's the link:

http://patchworknotes.blogspot.com/2011/11/do-you-tell-people-that-you-sew-or.html

Cute, no?






And so, the above little pillow cover was born.  It needs borders and quilting, of course, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I had a lot of fun doing the little fussy cut centers. This one is pretty fun.



And I really like this one too.


I have 7 more days to get this baby finished, but I'm going to get some Abby love on the weekend, so I want to get it done by tomorrow.  Isn't she the cutest?


 Just love that little smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!