Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaBloPoMo is a Bust

Well, November was National Blog Posting Month and the goal was to blog every day.  I thought it sounded like a great idea.  I thought it sounded fun.  I thought I could do it. 

But could I?  Did I?   Nope.  I discovered that I just don't have that much to say, and I don't seem to have that much time to say it in either.  Maybe it's better for anyone who reads this blog that I only blog when I really have something to say.  Maybe it's really a kindness.  Yes, that is going to be my new philosophy.  What is that saying?  "Better to not say anything and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

The other problem with NaBloPoMo is that it is in November.  November, as you may well know, is the month before December.  December is the month that Christmas is in.  Therefore, if you are like I am and are crafting one or more gifts, which might otherwise be the subject of blog posts, you realize that you can't blog about these items because the recipient of said gift might actually be a reader of said blog, and therefore said surprise would be ruined.

So, good bye NaBloPoMo.  Maybe I will celebrate you in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!